What is Creative Minds?
Creative Minds is a new initative developed by Anglia Ruskin Students' Union, with the support of Anglia Ruskin University and the University Arts Council. Creative Minds is designed to support ARU students and alumni who are interested in gaining insight into creative industries and developing their creative skills.
Creative Minds is the brainchild of Sarah Haider, our Experience Officer for Cambridge from 2014-16. As a student and aspiring writer, she wanted to gain more experience and insight into working in a creative industry and so Creative Minds was born. Sarah was also interested in gaining entrepreneurial skills after watching her father set up his own start-up business, and so she developed Creative Minds as a free platform where students can collaborate and set up their own start-ups.
So now, as an ARU student or alumni, you can use Creative Minds to showcase your creative talents, find others to collaborate on projects with, set up your own start-up or sign up to a huge host of creative opportunities designed to help you gain industry experience.
What does Creative Minds offer?
- A free online platform - Use Creative Minds to find projects and people to collaborate with.
- A customisable profile system - Create your own personal profile and advertise your creative talents to the public.
- Access to exclusive creative opportunities - Looking for opportunities? Use Creative Minds to find a role.
- Access to exclusive events - Join us at one of our networking evenings, speaker events, lunchtime sessions or socials.
- Advertisement - You can use your Creative Minds profile to publically advertise ypur events, projects and opportunities.
- Support - We'll support you in setting up your own profile or start-up. We can even provide you with your first business cards.
- Network - Use Creative Minds to become part of a creative community on campus and meet potential employers.
How do I get involved?
To get involved with Creative Minds, simply create your profile. Once you've created it, you can customise your profile, advertise upcoming events and opportunities and list projects that you would like to collaborate on.
If you're not sure, simply come to one of our events and speak to us! You can also visit us anytime at the Students' Union Reception in Helmore 125 (Cambridge) or 1st Floor Tindal Building (Chelmsford)
For a taster of our events, you can also watch this video from our recent Creative Minds Networking Evening.