Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting this website. Please read our terms and conditions carefully before using our website.
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://www.angliastudent.com (“our site”).
WHO WE ARE
https://www.angliastudent.com is a site operated by Anglia Ruskin Students' Union (”we” or “us”). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 08064796 and have our registered office at Helmore Building, East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1PT.
We are also a charity registered in England and Wales under charity number 1148574.
Our main trading address is Helmore Building, East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1PT. Our VAT number is 310 727 338.
HOW TO CONTACT US
To contact us, please either select the appropriate department/individual from the options available here or contact one of our campus offices using the details below:
USE OF THE SITE
OTHER TERMS ON OUR SITE THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Our Terms and Conditions of Supply will apply to you if you purchase goods or services from our site. These Terms and Conditions of Supply can be found here
AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or that your use of our site will be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
This site is only intended to be accessed and used by individuals located in England and Wales. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or will be available to you in other locations. If you choose to use or access this site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and you accept that you are responsible for your compliance with local laws.
SITE CONTENT - ACCURACY AND PERMITTED USE
Our site is made available to you free of charge.
You agree to use the site and its content in good faith and in the spirit in which it is made available to you. You agree:
- not to change or attempt to change any content in such a way that it becomes obscene, vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, racially, ethically or religiously insulting, unjustly prejudicial or otherwise unlawful; and
- not to use any content for any purpose that is illegal, or which is or may be damaging to the rights or interests of another user or any other third party.
You are permitted to use the material which is displayed on the site from time to time as expressly authorised by us.
Users may not use this site, or any of the material appearing on the site to further any commercial purpose, including (but not limited to) advertising or to promote or encourage traffic to any other website without our express written permission.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
USING HYPERLINKS ON THE SITE
The site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only and the provision of such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked sites or the information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over, and disclaim all responsibility and liability for, any content you encounter, or events which may occur, as a result of your use of any hyperlinks.
USE OF USER NAMES, PASSWORDS AND OTHER SECURITY FEATURES
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
This site is and all intellectual property rights (including copyright), in the content of its pages are either owned by or licensed to Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union. The site and its content are protected by various laws and treaty provisions around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- any copyright, rights in data, databases, trade marks, trade names, images, logos, design right and analogous rights whether registered, capable of registration or not (“Intellectual Property Rights”) in the site, its content, its HTML, its software or any other code are either owned by Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union or are licensed for use by Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union and are protected by various laws and international treaty provisions; and
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
This site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. Unless otherwise stated, such information and materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not necessarily represent our views or values.
If you have any comments about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
This site is offered for use by you on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
We will try to ensure that the site is properly functioning at all times, however Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union does not control the Internet and we cannot therefore warrant that access to this site will be uninterrupted, without error, timely, secure or free of defects, viruses or bugs.
We make every effort to ensure that the content of the site is accurate and up-to-date, however we do not offer any warranties (whether express, implied or otherwise) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information appearing on the site. By continuing to use the site, you accept that we cannot be liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of visiting this site or using the information contained within it.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
You are responsible for protecting yourself against any loss or damage you might incur as a result of using this site and may choose to do this by installing anti-virus software and keeping it updated as well as making and storing copies of any important data on a regular basis.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply arising if you purchase any products or services from our site. These are set out in our Terms and Conditions of Supply which can be found here.
© Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union 2018
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions of Supply
When making a purchase from or via angliastudent.com for any product payments will be processed through Sage Pay, a division of Sage (UK) Ltd, and Barclaycard Merchant Services. All payments are made to Anglia Ruskin Students' Union and will appear on your bill as 'ARUSU Online Payment'.
Anglia Ruskin Students' Union does not store credit card details and uses industry standard SSL encryption to ensure the safety of your data.
All payments are made in a live environment - upon clicking 'Pay Now', your credit or debit card will be billed with the agreed amount and your order will be immediately processed.
Once your order has been completed, you should receive a confirmation email from email@example.com to your Anglia Ruskin University webmail account. This can additionally be viewed at a later date by viewing the 'Purchase History' section of our website.
These terms shall be governed by English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in these terms shall exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Hoodies & Clothing
By purchasing clothing from angliastudent.com you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
Each item will be charged at the stated price plus the appropriate P&P cost as detailed on the website and all promotional material, relative to the postage destination. A receipt email will be sent upon completion of your order. Please check all details - if there is anything missing from your order or any details are incorrect, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to advise us of any errors within 24 hours of receipt of the confirmation will result in you still being liable for the full cost of the items.
Postage and Delivery
The charges for postage and packaging are added to the cost of the item and are necessary for us to dispatch your garment to you. There are three charges - UK, Europe and International. Should you order more than one garment the postage and package charge will reflect this.
Returns and Refunds
If you have a genuine reason for wanting to return your item, please email email@example.com in the first instance, or call 01223 460008 explaining the reasons why the garment is to be returned. Your item must be returned unworn and in the original packaging. You must pay for the cost of the return, it must be sent by recorded delivery and you should keep your receipt as proof of postage. We will not accept returns in the following cases:
- The garment has been worn (unless there is a provable quality issue)
- The garment has been proven to be deliberately damaged
- The garment has the incorrect personalisation details (we keep your request for personalisation and the liability for the correct spelling of names etc is yours.) If the error is deemed to be ours we will replace the garment at no extra cost
- The garment doesn't fit - full size details are available on the website and we will only refund in specific circumstances and if the criteria above are met (i.e. has not been worn and is returned in its original packaging and is not personalised)
- The garment is the wrong colour - you are liable for the colour selection you make and we keep a copy of your order to confirm your selection
- The garment is unwanted - we will only refund this if the garment meets the criteria set out above i.e. has not been worn and is returned in its original packaging and has not been personalised
All refunds will be issued by Anglia Ruskin Students' Union. In the event of an item being returned due to quality issues, we will take this up with our supplier and advise you of the outcome.
Cancellation of orders
To cancel an order, please contact us immediately. Cancelled orders that haven't been processed will be refunded with a deduction of a cancellation fee (charged in UK pounds sterling), which is 10% of the order(s) total price. Cancellation fee is charged to cover administrative costs and transaction fees involved in the cancellation of order(s).
Cancelled orders that have been processed will be refunded with a deduction of a cancellation fee (UK pounds sterling), which is 20% of the order(s) total price. Cancellation fee is charged to cover administrative costs, re-stocking fees and transaction fees involved in the cancellation of order(s).
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept cancellations for products that have already been shipped and our Return Policy will apply in that case.
While we will take all appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal and financial details secure, unless we are found to have been negligent we do not accept liability for any losses due to the unauthorised access by any person of any information provided to us by you.
We accept no liability for any loss or corruption of data held on your computer, or for any other loss or damage of any kind that occurs to your computer as a result of you accessing our website.
This agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the resolution of all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement.
Photography and Filming at Events
It is likely that at Anglia Ruskin Students' Union events photography or filming will take place. At all ticketed events by purchase of the ticket you agree that you are happy for any video footage, stills or photographs taken during the event to be used on Anglia Ruskin Students' Union's online platforms or in print to publicise Anglia Ruskin Students' Union for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public.
In the case of non-ticketed events, your attendance acts as agreement to the above. If you do not wish to be filmed the photographer/videographer should be informed at the start of the event.
If you do not want your image to be used by Anglia Ruskin Students' Union please let us know and we will remove it for you. To request the removal of your image and provide details of where your image is being used click here.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Our prize draws and competitions are organised by ARU Students’ Union (08064796) of Peter Taylor House, East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1PT and registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 1148574.
How to Enter
2. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
3. Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary
4. ARU Students’ Union will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. ARU Students’ Union reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of ARU Students’ Union, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
8. Only one entry per person is permitted.
9. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. ARU Students’ Union may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
10. ARU Students’ Union reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
11. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within 30 days of the prize draw or competition ending.
12. The winner will receive details of the prize.
13. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to ARU Students’ Union within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Students’ Union will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
14. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to ARU Students’ Union.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. ARU Students’ Union reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond ARU Students’ Union control makes it necessary to do so.
16. The decision of the ARU Students’ Union regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
17. ARU Students’ Union reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of Liability
18. Insofar as is permitted by law, ARU Students’ Union, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Students’ Union, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
20. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by ARU Students’ Union or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.