We are looking to recruit advice support volunteers to assist vulnerable clients with form filling, phone calls to creditors and utility companies, switching providers and other practical tasks.
What will you do?
Our Advice Support Volunteers provide additional help and support to clients following their advice appointment to ensure they continue to move forward with their issues.
In this role, you will:
- Complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- Work with Citizens Advice Peterborough generalist advisers to help clients with specific tasks
- Write a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken
Some examples of what you could do:
- offer support to clients completing paper and online forms, for example to apply for a benefit, or to complete an application for money or equipment from a charity
- call a utility company with, or on behalf, of a client, to find out how much money they owe
- help a client switch their utility provider
- check in with clients to see how they are progressing with their advice action plans and provide support as required.
What's in for you?
make a real difference to people’s lives
· learn about several key issues such as benefits and debt
· build on valuable skills such as communication and listening, use of IT and working as part of a team
· Challenging and rewarding
· Full training given
· Increase your employability
· Contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
· Work with a range of different people, independently and in a team
· We will reimburse expenses too.
For more information and how to apply, click the 'Send me application details' button.