News Article

The importance of applying for the EU settlement scheme

No ratings yet. Log in to rate.


If you are an EU student studying at ARU who is looking to stay in the UK before the UK leaves the EU we highly recommend applying for the EU settlement status. As a student, you can apply under the EU Settlement Scheme (even if you are temporarily absent on the date of the UK's departure) and will have until 31 December 2020 [1]



Why do I need to apply?

Your rights with settled or pre-settled status will allow you to:

  • work in the UK
  • enrol in education or continue studying
  • travel in and out of the UK


Does it cost?

No, the scheme is free to apply for.


How do I apply?

The government has created a step-by-step guide that tells you all you need to know on, who needs to apply, how to apply and what documents you need to complete the application [2].



Can the university support me with this application?

Yes, just visit the international office and they will be able to advise you on submitting your application [3].  

For more information on how Brexit may impact you and what support you can get whilst at university please visit,


List of References [1] [2] [3]


No comments have been made. Please log in to comment.


Other stories...


Your VP AHSS Amanda Campbell-White has an update o ...more

Check out your new course rep!

Click here to find out who your elected course rep ...more