Finding somewhere to live that suits you is really important. Feeling at home is a key part of your university experience. Finding halls which fit your needs and your budget is not always easy, but where there’s a will there’s a way! A good way of working out which accommodation will suit you best is to make a list of what you want from where you live and then putting them in priority order. Here are some key factors that might help you find the right place for you:
- Budget – The right place at the right price is always going to be a key decision maker
- En-suite – Do you want a private bathroom or are you happy to share?
- On or off campus – Is it important to you that you live on site? Do you just want to roll straight out of bed and into your lecture or are you happy to stroll through Peterborough?
- Communal living area – Is having a dedicated social space important to you or are you just as happy to have a chat in the kitchen?
- City Centre – Is it more important to you to be nearer campus or Peterborough city centre? Or do you want to be equally distanced?
- Who you live with – Do you want to live with a larger or a smaller group of people?
- Independent accommodation – Do you want to live in university provided accommodation with other ARU students or would you rather source your own accommodation options?
Taverner’s Hall offers two or five bedroom flats with en suite bathrooms and shared kitchen/living area located near University Centre Peterborough. A standard single room starts at £95 per week.
Remember, if you’re studying nursing, midwifery or operating department practice, you’ll have the option to apply for hospital accommodation.
Want to find your own accommodation?
University accommodation isn’t for everyone so there is always the option to source your own. However, make sure you check out the uni’s private accommodation tips and approved agency list, so you know you’re always dealing with reputable agents and landlords.
Check out the accommodation webpage here, for more info. We’re really excited to see you soon.
Let’s do this together!