We did it, we advocated, we campaigned and we achieved it!
· Welfare support will be provided to students as a result of Brexit (COMPLETED)
· Students will be communicated the outcomes of Brexit (on-going)
· Students’ union will have a stance on the NoToNoDeal NUS campaign (COMPLETED)
Trimester 2 Update:
Following the success of the settlement support workshops in trimester 1, the international office has agreed to continue these until the end of 2020! As well as this we have created a support plan going forward for the international office to provide all areas of Brexit support, including legal, immigration and welfare.
You said we need Brexit support in Peterborough and we campaigned...
- The international office NOW provides telephone support for Peterborough students.
You said we need clear information on how Brexit impacts me and we campaigned…
- The university HAVE ADOPTED a system like Queen's University Belfast which provides clear and concise information on student support regarding Brexit.
- The international office NOW has a tailored email network for EU students, sending them useful tips and informing them about any changes with Brexit and what it means for them.
You told us… the Brexit tile is not on my Anglia where do I find it?
The international office and I have contacted the university marketing team to resolve this issue and will continue to raise any communication barriers students highlight to us.
You asked… what does Brexit mean for me?
We now have an agreement with the university to communicate all outcomes of Brexit throughout the transition period and beyond! What this means for all demographic students which include changes with funding and other immigration changes as and when they happen. I shall continue to monitor this and raise any feedback back provided to me by students.