Hello and welcome to ARU London!
You could be brand new to University life fresh out of college, returning for a second degree or perhaps you are working and have a family and you’ve decided now is the time to get back into the world of education. Whatever stage of life you are at, your Students’ Union is here for you.
Your Students’ Union is an independent organisation that works in and with the university but exists solely to support you and make sure your time here is the best it can be. You are automatically a member as soon as you as you enrol here and can benefit from all of the services we offer.
Here are just a few of the things we do as your Students’ Union;
1. We run the Course Rep system – we are passionate about representation and making sure that your voices are heard at all levels of the university. We run elections for reps on every course once a year – why not consider running? It’s fantastic experience and looks brilliant on a CV. You get free training and a free hoodie and it’s really easy. To find out more click here.
2. We have an Advice Service – hopefully something you will never need to use, but if things get a little tricky and you find yourself in a situation where you don’t know where to turn please make an appointment and come and explore your options with us.
3. We sell cheap theatre tickets! And no – it’s not a scam! We buy tickets in bulk and put towards the total cost, as we know how expensive life can be as a student in London. We try to run at least 3 trips a year so keep an eye out for them. We can try to do this for other activities and events so let us know if you have any ideas.
4. We support students running Liberation Networks. These are networks of students from different liberation groups (Women’s, Disabled, LGBT, Parents & Carers and Black and Ethnic Minority). These are spaces to share the latest issues relevant to each group, a place to make contacts and develop friendships as well as attend many of the Liberation orientated events in London or run events and campaigns on the ARU London campus. Want to run one or join one? Get in touch.
5. We have money for you – we have recently created a Project Group Fund. The purpose being to provide some financial support to ARU London students looking to organise projects/events to the benefit of other students on campus.
6. We sell student discount cards. Head here to purchase yours – and pop in and see us if you’re having any problems. (We also sell hoodies, notebooks and other goodies so pop into the office and have a browse).
This is just a few of the key things we run throughout the year (and a lot more!) so please get in touch with us.
Join our facebook group
Follow us on Instagram @arulondon_su
We would love to publish more student-created articles, so please get in touch if you would like to write something for us to share with your fellow students. Perhaps what life is like as a brand new ARU London student?
Email us at email@example.com
Can't wait to meet you soon
Megan & Team