Welcome to the Exec Elections 2016!
We are looking for our next Executive Committee to lead Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union...
There are 5 Full Time paid positions and 36 voluntary roles available, click on the tabs below to find out more:
President Activities Officer (Cambridgeshire) Activities Officer (Essex) Welfare Officer Education Officer Campaign Reps
Nominations close at 12 noon on Wednesday 24th February
Running for a full time position
The Exec Officers are paid £19,580 a year to work full-time as the leaders of the SU. As the SU is a registered charity, the Exec Officers become a Trustee. Not many grads can claim to be a Trustee of a charity with a turnover of £1.8 million, but this could be you.
The role of a member of the Executive Committee
Being elected and becoming a member of the Executive Committee is a great way to work with other students and staff to make positive change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with and represent students, attending and supporting all Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union democratic meetings and spending time getting the views and opinions of students
- Lead a priority campaign to promote change to the benefit of students and support all other campaigns organised by Anglia Ruskin Students’ Union
- Campaign on issues that affect students institutionally, locally and nationally
Whether it’s a part-time, voluntary Campaign Rep role or a full-time, paid Executive Officer role; all have a seat at Student Council which is the main policy-making body of the Students’ Union. If elected, a term of office will run from July 2016 to July 2017.
Is this right for me? There's plenty of reasons why you should run for a role...
- Be a leader; create positive change and make a difference
- Influence and challenge the university
- It’s a fun, rewarding and once in a lifetime experience
- To develop both personally and professionally