Anglia Ruskin Psychology Society has now been revived after a short period of interruption due to the pandemic and we would love to meet (virtually) you!
We are a diverse group of students representing the gamut of psychology courses available at ARU (across all year groups) who are deeply passionate about all things Psychology. Therefore, we are organizing this society to allow us to indulge our fascination with human behaviour through a variety of social events, guest speakers, books clubs and more!
The Anglia Ruskin Psychology society is a recently developed association by students from across the spectrum of psychology courses offered here. We are an open and friendly group who want to spread knowledge on the various areas of psychology and share a glimpse of what it is that makes us enthusiasts about psychology. Our aims, listed below, will give you a flavour of what to expect from us!
- To provide students with educational and social opportunities pertaining to psychology
- To promote and explore jobs in and around psychology
- To help students interested in psychology network and socialize with their peers as well as providing opportunities to engage with qualified psychologists
- To provide a safe place, free from prejudice and judgement, for people to share their experiences in and around psychology
- To further our own knowledge of pertinent topics in psychology
- To provide a digital presence, including a magazine, exploring topics in psychology written and curated by us. We will run essay competitions with cash prizes to offer our members a chance to win and enhance their CV.
- To work with the faculty giving us chances to engage with our lecturers and offering Psychology students a voice across all related courses
- To organize social and educational workshops and events that aim to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing and support students wherever possible
- To build a community of students across the faculty where we listen and grow the society around the needs and wants of our members.
- To engage in the community around the University and seek to engage with local charities of interest to our members.
5 Reasons to become a member:
- A great opportunity to meet people (despite current lockdown rules) make some friends, and have fun!
- We have fantastic upcoming talks, including one on the use of Virtual Reality (VR) in psychology research and treatment
- We will be running essay competitions giving you an opportunity to enhance your CV and win some money! There will be different questions for different years so everyone has a chance to win!
- We will have regular clubs within the society including a Book Club and Film and TV Club
Due to the current pandemic, the events this semester will all take place online or virtually. However, we are making membership free this year to give us all a chance to rebuild some social life despite our current situation. Membership is open to all Anglia Ruskin University students and there is an option to pay if you wish to in order to help further the society but there is no obligation for this. What we mainly want is for you to join us and get involved
Stay tuned and follow us on:
For questions and more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com