ARU Surgical Society is a dynamic and interactive hub for all of those who are interested in the world of surgery. Our range of activities includes hosting of a range of broad or specific themed conferences and symposiums, developing hands-on surgical workshops and training platforms, as well as charitable and social events. We find ourselves proud to be the first student-run surgical society, aiming to further surgical experience in the educational heart of Essex County.
We aim to:
• Facilitate surgical exposure and education, advocate a holistic approach to patient care by considering surgical ethics, and sharpen skills required for the innovative surgeries of tomorrow.
• Invigorate interest in surgery to new students entering a course this year and the ones who were already part of last year Surgical Society, by organising several sessions on surgical skills;
• Build a society capable of organising and hosting major international events such as:
- The Virtual Women in Surgery Conference;
- Annual Surgical Conference
- Suturing & Laparoscopy Skills Sessions
- Academic ARU Surgical Society Live Webinar Series
- Global Surgery Conference
• Bring in the focus of surgical education and innovation at ARU and create a wider network of societies and healthcare associations;
• Create a Mentoring Scheme for ARU aspiring surgeons!
We don't have anything planned right now but check back soon!
Anglia Ruskin Students' Union is a company limited by guarantee and a charity registered in England and Wales. Registered Company No. 08064796 and Registered Charity No. 1148574. The registered office of Anglia Ruskin Students' Union is Peter Taylor House, East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1PT
Powered by MSL