At ARU Students' Union, we know that our societies make a huge difference to the overall university experience. The Society of the Month scheme is designed to recognise groups who have worked hard to deliver events and activities for their members or have built a community on campus.
If you're a committee member in a society, member of a society or know of a society that's been working hard, you can nominate for the Society of the Month award.
Nominate a Society
The club or society must be affiliated with ARU Students' Union. All affiliated clubs and societies can be viewed here.
- A society can only win a society of the month award once per semester
- Only an active society can be nominated
- All students and staff can nominate
- Has made a noticeable change to improve the development of the society
- Demonstrated exceptional commitment, dedication and effort for its members
- Gone above and beyond what is expected of the society
October 2019 - Wednesday 16th October
November 2019 - Wednesday 20th November
December 2019 - Wednesday 11th December
January 2020 - Wednesday 15th January
February 2020 - Friday 28th February
March 2020 - Friday 27th March
April 2020 - No awards due to SU Awards
May 2020 - Wednesday 20th May
June 2020 -Wednesday 17th June
July 2020 - Wednesday 15th July
August 2020 -Wednesday 12th August
September 2020 - Wednesday 9th September