The Role of a Course or PGR Rep
Who is my Course or PGR Rep?
Log in and click on your course name to find out!
What is a Course Rep?
Course Reps focus on finding ways to develop and improve the academic experience of students on their course.
There is at least 1 position available per year per course.
Course Reps represent students attend their Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC) once a semester. The SSLC acts as a forum for students and staff to discuss a range of issues.
What is a PGR Rep?
PGR Reps focus on finding ways to develop and improve the academic experience of Post Graduate Research students in thier faculty.
There are 2 PGR Rep positions per faculty.
PGR Reps represent students attend their Faculty Research and Innovation Committee (FRIC). The FRIC acts as a forum for students and staff to discuss a range of issues.
Course and PGR Rep Responsibilties:
- Attend training and remain in contact with the Students’ Union
- Attend/send a report to their SSLC or FRIC
- Gather student opinion and feed back outcomes to students
Support and benefits:
- A Rep Coordinator as a key contact to provide guidance and support
- A number of further developmental opportunities
- The opportunity to register as a volunteer and create a transcript of skills and experience
- A free hoody
I am a Course Rep
Are you already a Course Rep? Access your Course Rep resources and more above.