Since the 7th of September, we have been receiving various communications from students expressing their concern with timetabling issues. We’ve been made aware that many students are unable to access their class timetables on e-vision and canvas
We understand how it impacts you, whether you are commuter, staying on campus, returning as an international student or studying online. We have been working throughout to address this issue with the University to make sure timetabling are sorted as soon as possible.
We know that this has been a stressful time for many of you, and the University is working on it to get everything fixed as soon as possible. There are a few things you can do to help this happen more quickly:
- Read the Student Frequently Asked Questions on Student News
- Check that you have completed the full registration task
- Check your emails regularly
- If you have sent an email to timetabling or the iCentre, please do not try to contact repeatedly, as this only clogs the channels further.
- If you need extra help, you can book an appointment with our Students’ Union Advice Service
We also hope you have also been able to enjoy meeting new people and joining many of the activities that are happening online and on-campus. We are proud to be a part of the ARU community and will continue to work closely with the University to address any and all issues to ensure that you can learn in a safe and welcoming environment.
-ARU Students’ Union
Avinash Miriyam, President
Riya Gadhavi, Vice President HEMS
Fatima Lakhani, Vice President AHSS
Omkar Singh, Vice President FBL
Emily Long, Vice President FSE