Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar
This year Sorin-Marius Predica, your Vice President (ARU London) has been working closely with the Students' Union team to ensure our website is as accessible as possible.
- We know that the majority of our student body do not have English as their first language.
- We know that 1 in 5 people in the UK have a disability.
- We have made a committment to be an inclusive and welcoming Students' Union.
Because of this we have invested in the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me lanuguage and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the ACCESSIBILITY TOOLS* button at the top of the page (next to the LOG IN button).
This Accessibility Tools button now appears in the toolbar on every page of our website.
After you click on the this button the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS DISCLAIMER
We use Recite Me (Accessibility Tools) to translate our text into languages other than English. This software is automated, meaning that translations may contain errors or inaccurate translations. We therefore do not claim responsibility for the accuracy of this service.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do, like find information about how to access our services or read recent news.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
Can I get support with Recite Me?
If you have any questions about Recite Me you can contact us by email at email@example.com
Text reader (rewind - play - fast forward)
Font selection (increase/decrease size)
Change page colour theme
The ruler (enable/disable)
The screen mask (enable/disable)
Language translation (including text reader)
Download audio file
Magnifying glass (enable/disable)
For more information please see the videos below (these will take you to the video on our YouTube Channel.