We are pleased to announce our 4th Women in Surgery event, on the 4th of December! ARU International Hybrid Women in Surgery Conference, an in person event that will be live streamed across the globe!
The International Women in Surgery Virtual Conference, that took place at Anglia Ruskin University in the last academic year, was hugely successful with over 800 attendees! Following this success, we have decided to host an in person event in order to debunk any myths about becoming a female surgeon, expose medical students to the challenges that female surgeons face during their careers and, most importantly, to highlight that gender shouldn’t be an obstacle for female students wanting to enter specialities that are traditionally male-dominant.
We will have an amazing and inspiring panel of female surgeons speak on themes which they are passionate about and discuss issues on:
- Social Media and its Impact on the perception of Surgery
- Mental Health and Raising Concerns in the Surgical Field
- History of Women in Surgery delivered by RCS/Committee
- Maternity and the Return to Work
The talks will be live streamed on Microsoft Teams from 9 am - 1 pm and once more at 2:15 pm for the Q&A! The rest of the day between 2:15 pm to 5:45 pm will be for the in person delegates!
Advantages of attending in-person include:
- Get to view all the talks live in the very first face to face conference this year!
- Invaluable networking opportunities from the Q&A at the end of the day, to the speed-dating and to even having lunch with these incredible people!
- "Speed-dating Workshop": Get to talk to a med student, a junior doctor, a surgical trainee, and a consultant and ask them all your questions about what their stage of becoming a surgeon looks like!
- Suturing Workshop held by Miss Lara Manley from ASIT! Not only this, you will have the chance to gain an extra certificate from MySuture!
- Your own lanyard and lunch will be provided for you!
Get your tickets now as we only have 45 F2F places! Members: £8 and Non-Members: £10
Want to attend but can't come in person? Fear not - if you would like to attend online it will be free! Link to register is right here: https://forms.gle/gLs8MYswE5eSR5CJ7 and further information will be given to attendees closer to the date! Don’t forget to check our Social Media for updates on the timetable, opportunities for attendees and to get to know the speakers!
Certificates will be sent to attendees who complete a survey after each session!
Giveaway details to be announced on our social media!
See you there!