If I am voted to be the next Vice President for the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education and the Faculty of Medical Science I pledge to:
- Be involved with any current and new societies, I will assist where I can in promotion, memberships and will also do my very best to help with any queries.
- Support equality and fight against discrimination around the university and in the community such as LGBTQ+, mental health, and other groups.
- Listen and take action where necessary to any queries or concerns regarding any and all faculties when meetings are in place.
- Strive to optimise communication between staff and students to ensure less stressful situations whether it be through faculties or societies.
- Represent the union in the most effective way to the benefit of both the union and the students.
- Work even harder to improve student accommodation opportunities and parking availability as well as improved access to resources and additional course funding and support.
I am Fraser Luther-Yarwood, currently a Masters Education Studies student, having studied at Anglia Ruskin for coming on 4 years. I am President of the Tea and Hot Chocolate society, Education Society, SASG (Society of Anime, Socialising and Gaming), Admin for the Harry Potter society and LGBTQ+ Society as well as being the Captain of the Dodgeball sports club.
Throughout my roles within the Students’ Union I have been able to develop a strong relationship with a wide range of students and societies. I have been increasingly involved with international societies and the LGBTQ+ community. It is through this experience the idea of developing student accommodation and parking options is key. Students ranging from paramedics and nurses to international students need better opportunities to have a place they call home whilst still having the potential of being able to get to placements more easily. In my previous years as a course rep I have developed strong relationships with staff members and have been able to resolve and student issues within my course and faculty. With this opportunity to be the vice president of the FHSCE and FMS I believe I can do even more to help and support students.
If I was to be elected by you to be the vice president I believe I will have the necessary knowledge, understanding and experience to do a good job for all students and societies. I am a very outgoing person, hardworking while being very approachable and friendly. For me this is a great opportunity to give back to both the university and importantly the students that have made my experience here one I will never forget and I see no greater pleasure than to be able to give back to all the students at Anglia Ruskin to help them have as great an experience as I have had.
Your future begins now, and if you vote for me I will do everything in my power to help you achieve a brighter future…..Vote for your all stars and we can help you shine!