RE-ELECT LAURA DOUDS AS SU PRESIDENT
BE PROUD OF YOUR COMMUNITY:
I will encourage and foster pride in our community.
- We will ensure diversity is acknowledged at ARU, by running and promoting History months.
- We will put on events over the Winter break for people who can't go home for the holidays.
- We will actively campaign to close the BME attainment gap.
BE PROUD OF YOUR PRESIDENT:
I will take action on the issues that are important to us all.
- We will campaign for affordable rent prices and investigate other housing issues.
- We will keep focusing on mental health, by helping people support their friends and make progress on improving counselling services.
- We will ensure that postgraduate students have access to financial aid from ARU.
BE PROUD OF YOUR STUDENTS' UNION:
I will make the SU more visible and more relevant to more people.
- We will hold weekly 'SU Roadshows' where full and part-time officers are available outside of the office to hear your views and take your feedback.
- We will review and change Student Council for the better.
WHY RE-ELECT ME?
As Vice President Science and Technology, I have:
- Run a successful LGBT+ History Month to celebrate the community.
- Enabled weekend access to Compass House for students who need it.
- Successfully tackled Team-Based Learning issues for Zoology students.
- Consistently shown support for student-led societies, such as through the #LoveSocieties campaign.
- Been involved in tackling sexual harassment and hate crime on campus, including the design of the upcoming reporting tool.