and link: Back



One of the biggest impacts on the wellbeing of university students is money. This page is designed to point you in the right direction for whatever money concerns you may have.


Student Money Advice Service

The Student Money Advice Service offers ARU students impartial and confidential information and advice about all aspects of student financial support, including student funding, entitlement to welfare benefits and money management.

Click here for more information.  


Financial Emergencies

If you suddenly find yourself in a financial crisis, then the university may be able to help you with a short-term loan. To download the necessary form and/or discuss with the Student Money Advice Service, click here.


Student Finance

If you are a home student studying an undergraduate course, then it is likely you can borrow money from the government to cover the costs of your fees and living costs. Click here to find out more.


Benefits and Welfare Support

If you’re a student in further or higher education in the UK you may be able to claim social security benefits from the government in addition to any student funding you get. The benefits you can apply for depend on your circumstances. For more information of what may be available to you click here.