Illness and Injury

Illnesses and Injuries

If you have moved to university then it is important that you register with a GP in the area as soon as possible, otherwise if you become unwell you may not be able to see a GP. Both Chelmsford and Cambridge have medical centres on campus:



A Medical Centre with an NHS GP surgery is available during the semester offering a full, confidential and general medical service. The Medical Centre is located in the MUM101, Mumford Building

Opening Hours

Monday to Thursday: 8.30am - 1.00pm and 2.00 - 5.00pm
Friday: 8.30am - 1.00pm and 2.00 - 4.00pm
Call: 01223 698251



The Rivermead Gate Medical Centre is located on the edge of our Chelmsford Campus.

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 6.00pm
Call: 01245 348688


If you are temporarily injured or have a medical condition which results in a temporary impairment or illness then you should inform the university as soon as possible in order to receive support and advice in relation to your studies. You can do this by  contacting the iCentre and asking to speak with the Student Advisers to discuss the need for Mitigation Claims, Extensions or Intermissions.