The role of the Campaign Rep is to improve the experience of Anglia Ruskin students.
The role of Campaign Rep: A part-time, voluntary campus-based role which is designed to run alongside your studies
Click here to view the full Job Description (Click to expand)
All Campaign Reps will;
- act as a member of the Executive Committee;
- sit on the Liberation, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee;
- lead campaign(s) to promote change to the benefit of students and support all campaigns organised by the Union.
All members of the Executive Committee will;
- represent students; attend and support all democratic meetings and gather student views, opinions, ideas and feedback;
- work in the direction of the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of the Students’ Union;
- work to maximise communication with students;
- encourage participation in Union activities, in particular act as a champion for meetings, elections and campaigns;
- represent individuals, groups and the body of students to the University, National Union of Students, community and policy forming bodies, including attending meetings of such organisations;
- champion liberation, equality, diversity and inclusion;
- attend training courses and other opportunities for personal and professional development;
- attend meetings as appropriate to plan activities and review progress; and
- comply with all regulations, policies and protocols of the Union.
Black & Minority Ethnic (BME) Students' Rep
Represent ARU's black and minority ethnic students in all aspects of their university life
Disabled Students' Rep
Represent the interests of students with disabilities, wellbeing issues, or illness
Represent the views of international students
LGBT+ Students' Rep
Represent our lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans students, including those from other minority sexual orientations or gender identities.
Trans Students' Rep
Represent our trans community
Represent our diverse body of female students
Campaign Reps are members of the Executive Committee and are expected to attend a LEDIC (Liberation, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee) meeting once a month to work alongside the Officer Team and other Campaign Reps. Together they are responsible for setting the direction of the Union and ensuring that our campaigns, ideas and policy are inclusive and promote liberation, equality and diversity. Thay also lead at least one priority campaign for the benefit of the students they represent, with the support from Students' Union staff and Officers.
If you want to know more about any of the above positions please don't hesitate to get in touch